This comprehensive guide puts critical children’s health information and answers to parents’ questions at your fingertips.
From asbestos to radiation, ultraviolet rays, pesticides, asthma, lead, tobacco, childcare and school environments – plus new chapters on global climate change, plasticizers, developmental disabilities, environmental disasters, and more
– current information on an exhaustive range of environmental health issues is included.
The 3rd edition features 59 topic-based chapters including the addition of 18 new chapters.
- Background: Addressing Environmental Health in Primary Care - History and Growth of Pediatric Environmental Health
- Children's Unique Vulnerabilities to Environmental Hazards
- Individual Susceptibility to Environmental Toxicants
- Taking an Environmental History and Giving Anticipatory Guidance
- Medical Laboratory Testing of Body Fluids and Tissues
- Environmental Measurements Environments
- Preconceptional and Prenatal Exposures
- Built Environment
- Child Care Settings
- Waste Sites
- Work Places
- Environmental Health Considerations for Children in Developing Nations, and Implications for Immigrants and Adoptees Food and Water
- Breast Milk
- Phytoestrogen and Contaminants in Infant Formula
- Food Safety
- Herbs, Dietary Supplements and Other Remedies Chemical and Physical Exposures
- Air Pollutants, Indoor
- Air Pollutants, Outdoor
- Carbon Monoxide
- Chromium, Manganese, and Nickel
- Cold and Heat
- Electric and Magnetic Fields
- Endocrine Disrupters
- Gasoline and its Additives
- Ionizing Radiation (Excluding Radon)
- Nitrates and Nitrites in Water
- Persistent Organic Pollutants - DDT, PCBs, PCDFs, and Dioxins
- Persistent Toxic Substances
- Radon and much more.